Madison River Lodge There is no better location on the legendary Madison River than this lodge. It is a very cool traditional lodge right on the most productive section of the Madison River. The lodge is all about the fishing and the lodge schedule revolves around conditions and what guests are interested in. The lodge is on the most prolific stretch of the river with over 5000 trout per mile right off the decks. It is the only all inclusive lodge directly on the famous 50 mile riffle section of the Upper Madison and is centrally located to maximize diversity of both floating and wading. Yellowstone Park is just a short drive away with lots of smaller famous fisheries and several other rivers can be accessed in the other direction. The Madison is an incredibly consistent fishery over most periods of our fishing season. Everything is included in this package so you just show up, eat, fish and relax and let the outfitter take care of the rest!
Here is a great video that also highlights the lodge program: https://vimeo.com/283056219
Included: Rod rental, all meals, beverages, guided fishing, all flies and leaders, waders if needed.
Excluded: Guide gratuities, lodge host gratuities, fishing licenses, airport shuttle unless requested
- Montana Fishing license: All anglers must have a required $10 conservation license and $15 invasive species license. Non-resident fishing license sold as 2 day blocks ($25 each), 10 day $56 or season $86
- Guide Gratuities are discretionary but recommended (average is $120/fishing guide/day)
- Host and chef gratuities recommended (about $30 per guest per night)
- Airport shuttle if requested - $300 round trip for up to 4 guests plus an additional $40 for a 5th guest (max of 5 guests per shuttle vehicle)
Sample River Camping/Lodge Combination Itinerary
Day 1 - arrive Bozeman Airport (BZN), complimentary airport shuttle to Hilton Garden Inn*
Day 2 - guide pick up at hotel, full day guided fly fishing, river camping
Day 3 - full day guided fishing, transfer to Madison River Lodge in time for dinner (can rent a vehicle or we can set up a shuttle)
Day 4 - full day guided fishing, stay Madison River Lodge
Day 5 - full day guided fishing, stay Madison River Lodge
Day 6 - depart
*Hilton Garden Inn preferred rates are $190/night and include airport shuttle and made to order hot breakfast.
OVERNIGHT RIVER CAMPING TRIPS
Overnight River Camping Trips are always exclusive to your group. Camping is on private ranches or mid river islands and the gear boater will run in advance of the fishing drift boats to set up an elaborate camp each evening so when you roll in from fishing all of the tents, chairs, tables, tarps and kitchen equipment are set up. They also have three fixed camps on the Yellowstone and Boulder rivers that give a lot of flexibility since you can both drive and float into them. This allows to sometimes adjust the trip if weather conditions bring the river up unexpectedly from big rains or it allows to combine multiple rivers or different river sections. The food is outstanding and the company around the campfire even better. Overnights include all flies and equipment as well as complimentary wine and beer in camp.
Included: All meals & beverages (while in camp), guided fishing, use of rods, camping equipment & sleeping bags, all flies and leaders
Excluded: Guide and camp staff gratuities, fishing licenses, wader rentals (if needed)
- Montana Fishing license: All anglers must have a required $10 conservation license and $15 invasive species pass. Non-resident fishing license sold as 2 day blocks ($25 each), 10 day $56 or season $86
- Guide Gratuities (average is $130 per fishing guide per day)
- Lead Camp gratuities are similar to fishing guides (about $130/day ) – assistant camp guide about $60 per day. Camp guides have significant work before and after the trip packing, setting up camp, shopping and then de-rigging. We recommend tipping guides directly in cash. The gear team will leave after the last morning of camp to drop off bags and then spend the day de-rigging so you will see them last on the last morning of the trip before the last day of fishing. Tips are 100% discretionary.
- Wader Rentals ($35 per day per pair – if needed based on time of year or weather)